Nextdoor.com

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nextdoor.com

My rather small subdivision (54 units) just joined Nextdoor. I was wondering if anyone else has any experience with this social media site? One thing I noticed right away is that there is no place to add any HOA information, such as officers and/or contact information for the HOA property manager or firm. Just seems like these would be a natural fit. Certainly some subdivisions have separate websites for this kind of information. But many do not. What's missing from Nextdoor, I think, is an "About the Neighborhood" section which could include this type of information, or at a minimum links to the "official" neighborhood website or property manager. This section could also include other particulars about the neighborhood as needed.

On the other hand, seems great for posts on lost pets, yard sales, furniture for sale, and coyote sightings. But one thing I have noticed about the news feed is that it is not strictly in reverse chronological order - baffling and rather irritating.

Another thing I'd like to see: For buyers considering neighborhoods, it would be nice if Nextdoor offered the ability to "peek into" a neighborhood. Help get a feel for their potential new neighborhood. Maybe even post questions. This feature could be limited to verified members.

Update Okay, apparently, anytime a comment is added to a post, that post is then moved to the top of the news feed. I guess this is okay, but takes a little getting used to.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Wink ;) Smile :) Big Grin :D Frown :( Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
Working...
X